For this, the last show of 2022, Andi and Lise watched some LGBTQ Holiday (Christmas) movies based on a list published by Cosmopolitan Magazine (we know. We were all “WHAT?” too). They chat about the movies they saw, and throw out some other recommendations (also on the list). And also, Happy Holidays to all y’all!
Cosmopolitan list of LGBTQ movies list HERE.
- A New York Christmas Wedding (2020) – Alt-timeline to show the lead what could have been. None of this should have worked, but somehow it did. Nia Fairweather as the lead and Adriana DeMeo as the love interest. Majority Black and Latinx cast. Trailer HERE. See it on Netflix.
- Under the Christmas Tree (2021) – classic holiday rom-com tropes, but really cute film and the leads have great chemistry. Elise Bauman as the lead, Tattiawna Jones as the love interest, and fun supporting cast including Ricki Lake. Trailer HERE. See it on Hulu.
- Let it Snow (2019) – Rom-com based on the 2008 YA novel Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances, the film follows 6 people in the same town during a snowstorm and their evolving stories. Fun. Trailer HERE. See it on Netflix.
- Christmas at the Ranch (2021) – another classic holiday rom-com trope by Tello Films: city girl returns to the ranch where she grew up to try to save it from financial trouble. Fluffy with fun characters. Laur Allen as the city girl and Amanda Righetti as the ranch hand country mouse. Supporting characters include Lindsey Wagner (The Bionic Woman, y’all!) and Archie Kao. Trailer HERE. See it on Peacock, Prime, or Apple TV.
- The Bitch Who Stole Christmas (2021) – The drag show Christmas movie you’ve been waiting for. Hilarious, raunchy, over-the-top dragfest in which RuPaul as evil editor sends reporter to a small town to dig up dirt on its winter ball celebration, which features a cast of queens from Drag Race. Trailer HERE. Rent it on Apple TV; buy it on Prime.
You can still find us on Twitter: @LGOPodcast, @andimarquette, @LiseMacTague.
Also, Lise’s latest book (paranormal werewolves!) drops just in time for Christmas! Find more info about Winter’s Moons at Bella Books HERE!
Shout-out to everybody this holiday season and we hope you find time to have some fun!